Throughout 2023, we gathered feedback on improvements you wanted to see in various features. In this update, we are rolling out a large part of those improvements.
We ourselves found the period between collecting the improvements and rolling them out too long, so in 2024 we will be making faster strides in this process.
- It is now possible to save 'links' as documents in addition to physical documents. When opening such a link, no document is downloaded, but you are redirected to the internet link. Think of a link to a SharePoint or JOIN document. As a result, eDocs has also been removed as an integration from Dialog, as it was no longer being used.
- You can now search by address when creating items on the map. You can also do this on the map, where you will then be asked which item you want to create at this location.
- When items on the map had exactly the same location, they could not be selected. That is now possible.
- In the contacts overview, you can now also choose first name and last name as optional columns.
- In the notes of contact moments, you now have more options. For example, you can enlarge the screen to get more overview. You can also add a table, adjust the line height, change the font size (previously this was only possible per paragraph), and add tabs.
- The notes of contact moments on the contact moment detail page now also save intermittently. Previously, this only happened when you were finished with the notes.
- The size of the description field of a report has been adjusted to show more information.
- The use of capital letters in surnames was not consistent. For example, Mrs. de Haan was displayed as De Haan. We have left this capitalization fixation behind, so you can decide how the surname should be written.
- It sometimes happened that the Chrome browser tried to translate Dialog into Dutch. This caused hilarious translations but was confusing. We have now added a language element, so Chrome recognizes that Dialog is in Dutch.
- In the Updates feature, you now see 'Followers'. Add yourself to an item, like an issue, and you will automatically be kept informed of changes to this item.
- It is now possible to create a resource directly from an activity. Previously, this was only possible the other way around.
- [ArcGIS Online] The symbology of map layers from ArcGIS was not always adopted. This is now the case.
- [ArcGIS Online] Map layers were previously loaded entirely into Dialog, which led to problems with large map layers. From now on, map items are loaded based on the visible area. When you zoom out, new map items are loaded.
- [Program module] Linking map layer items to sub-projects sometimes took too long. We have now split this functionality, where you first choose a map layer, then a sub-map layer, and then the map layer item. This improves user-friendliness.
- In all Excel exports, the IDs of items are now displayed.
- We also now have an import sheet for contact moments. This way, existing contact moments can also be imported.
- The ID is now also displayed in the Links in all detail pages.
- In the Excel exports, the issue title is now displayed in the 'Links' column instead of the ID. This improves recognizability.